When you Need a Great Maryland Divorce Attorney
Accomplished Montgomery County firm handles all types of family law disputes
Going through a divorce can be an overwhelming experience. When your marriage is ending, you need an experienced attorney who understands your situation and will diligently protect your legal rights. At Stern & Associates in Rockville, we handle the needs of family law clients throughout Maryland. With nearly 30 years of legal experience, attorney Bruce Stern can help you obtain the results you deserve even in challenging or complex cases. If you are dissolving your marriage, have concerns about custody, or have any other family law issues, we have the ability and track record to help you obtain the positive outcome you seek.
Established advocate advises divorcing spouses in Maryland
Our track record in litigated cases is exceptional because we advise our clients what is a likely outcome if they choose to litigate their case and we map a strategy to help them obtain the results they are seeking. In 2018, we obtained the following outcomes for our clients:
- Divorce – Settlement Agreement Upheld — In 2018, we successfully represented a client whose husband was seeking to set-aside a marital settlement agreement on the basis that that agreement was unfair. The court rejected the husband’s arguments and awarded our client sanctions.
- Custody – Modification — In 2018, we successfully represented a father who was seeking to modify custody of his minor children. At trial, we established that shared physical custody of the children was no longer in the minor children’s best interest and the court awarded our client sole legal and physical custody of the children.
- Divorce – Alimony — In 2018, we successfully represented a husband is a divorce case that involved the issue of alimony for his wife. Prior to trial, the wife refused to accept alimony of less than $5,000 per month in alimony. We advised our client that we believed a likely alimony award would be between $2,500 and $3,000 per month. Following trial, the court awarded the wife alimony in the amount of $2,500 per month. The award saved our client hundreds of thousands of dollars over the life of the alimony award.
- Divorce – Settlement Agreement Set-Aside — In 2018, we successfully represented a client who sought to set-aside a marital settlement agreement that he entered into with his wife. After trial, the court held that a “confidential relationship” existed between the husband and wife, and that the terms of the agreement were not fair to the husband. As a result of the court’s decision to set-aside the agreement, the parties’ marital property will be equitably distributed.
- Custody – In 2018, we successfully represented a father who was seeking sole physical custody of his minor child. The child’s mother had only allowed the father to have limited visitation with his child. On the day of trial, the parties entered into an agreement under which the mother agreed that the father would have primary physical custody of his son.
Every case, of course, is different and involves different facts and we cannot guarantee you results identical to those cited above.
Reputable attorney delivers high-quality counsel for family law matters
We assist clients in Montgomery County and throughout Maryland with various domestic legal concerns, including:
- Divorce — If you are going through a divorce or even just considering ending your marriage, we provide the representation you need to safeguard your interests and those of your family.
- Family law — Our firm handles a full range of family law matters including protective orders and annulments.
- Child custody — We are strong advocates in child custody cases so that children can grow up in a supportive environment and maintain strong relationships with their parents.
- Modification of orders — When circumstances have changed since a custody or support order was issued, we can take prompt action on your behalf to pursue an appropriate modification from the court.
No matter what type of household legal matter you bring to us, we are committed to handling your needs effectively and completely.
Contact a dedicated Maryland family law attorney for a free initial consultation
Stern & Associates represents clients in Montgomery County and throughout Maryland in divorce litigation and other types of family law cases. Please call 301-637-8574 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our Rockville office.